Thursday, March 17, 2011

Another Cranbury Rehearsal

Had another outstanding 'Oh, Pierre' rehearsal last night. We had a slightly larger group this time. After reviewing the cues, we had students take turns in being 'prompters'. We did reach the point where members of the group started requesting cues as well. The more we practice, the more interesting, fun, and different the music becomes. The next step will be introducing Landmarks. Things are shaping up nicely!!

Here are some reflective comments from students following the rehearsal:

Today was really fun!
1) I find it so much fun when we create combinations of sounds that we never thought were even possible!!
2) I get a kick out of hearing one type of sound and a totally different one after it
3) This is a place where we can explore our own voice and instruments
4) It's a great way to end the day!
Thanks for inviting me to come! I love this group!!!

1) Funny stuff rocked!
2) Needs to be more spontaneus (not sure if I spelt that right)
3) I like not having to play sheet music

In improv, I learned so much! Here are some of the reasons I liked it....
You always have to be on your toes, ready to get involved!
You can learn so much and have fun in such a short time.
Improv has so many different techniques, so everyone is super creative!

I liked having members of the group conduct, and I also liked switching to brushes and mallets (texture changes). I thought it was a good idea to listen and play with eachother, something I don't think we get enough of in class.

1. Are we going to do guerilla warfare?
2. I think that everyone is more comfortable with the cues today
3. What is guerilla warfare?

No comments:

Post a Comment