Friday, March 11, 2011

Thoughts following the first Cranbury rehearsal...

Following our first rehearsal of "Oh, Pierre!" we asked students to submit three thoughts they had in reflection on the experience.

Here are some examples of responses:

1. I liked being in the school at night...it made me feel like a secret agent.
2. I thought it was easier for me to sing because i could be quiet and no one would notice (Quiet Mistakes)
3. I'm excited to see how much we/I can improve over the course of all the rehearsals!

1. I am DEATHLY AFRAID of this
2. To contradict that, i am UBER excited
3. I have a feeling i'll be more confident in my improv after this
4. This will be hard, but i'm up for the challenge

1. How do you pick out what symbol to use if everyone wants to do different things at the same time?
2. What if you are picked to play whatever and you don't want to play?
3. Is it possible to mess up in this?

1. Improv is not so bad as a group
2. Improv is fun!
3. more swing stuff

1. It was something new and fun
2. It was nerve-racking learning all the signs
3. It was a great opportunity to improvise

1. Going to sound interesting
2. Loved the snacks!
3. Don't mind playing by myself

"I have to say that I had no idea of what to expect before I came tonight, but I had a lot of fun! My favorite part was the dramatic changes of the music. I hope we can do a little more of where one person has "Freedom" and then the rest of the group has "Hits" at the same time, kind of like a solo section in Jazz Band. I also thought that the "Drone" was a good cue to use for transitioning smoothly between 2 very different styles of the song. Thanks for doing this with us!"

1. This seems like it will be an interesting and fun experience
2. I am excited learning new cues
3. Will we ever sound together while improvising or will we always be
playing totally separate things all the time?

No comments:

Post a Comment